Most people try to take advantage of their kitchen remodel in order to increase the value of their home.
It’s true that a kitchen remodel helps increase the price of a home. This is the first room in a home which should be remodeled. It usually provides a 100% return and also helps increase the number of interested buyers. A remodeling project doesn’t have to cost a fortune either. All you need is a little planning and you can gain as much as $2-3 for every $1 you spend. This means that a remodel can actually earn you money. But not every investment is going to offer such a high return. That’s why the kitchen is the best place for you to begin.
You can create a brand new look for your kitchen with a remodel and transform the room from a closed off one to a vibrant, multi-functional and inviting space. Here are a few suggestions:
- Get a custom island. Quartz or granite counter tops are a favorite for home chefs. They allow you to create proper working spaces which are durable, attractive and popular.
- Consider installing a back splash with natural stone.
- Adding some fun storage options to your kitchen will extend it and make it more useable.
- Try out some fun new painting techniques for your cupboard. New paint gives a fresh and clean look to anything and is the cheapest improvement. Hiring a professional can make a huge difference too. Consider using neutral colors like light tan or cream if you want it to sell faster.
- Change up the cupboards. Adding a glass front will give you a place to showcase your favorite crockery. Try attaching a veneer to the surface of the cabinet, replace the doors, and add some hardware to give it a fashioned and finished look.
- Install a new sink with a fancy faucet head. Try using stainless steel since it is easier to maintain and resists scratches.
- Update your kitchen appliances and get the latest models with the best energy savings.
- Go for laminate or hardwood flooring.
Now, here are a few things which should help a homeowner decide how long a remodel is going to last:
- The extent of the remodel.
- Whether all of the correct material has been ordered and is available on time.
- The availability of the remodeler. It’s good to keep a little flexibility in your remodel so that your contractor find’s it easier to fit you in his/her schedule.
The kitchen needs to reflect the style of your home. Be sure you have a professional designer working with you on this. Homeowners can add a lot of value to their home and maximize the space available in the kitchen this way.